Phil was born and raised in Kalona, Iowa. After graduating from Iowa Mennonite High School, he attended Rosedale Bible College. In 2002 he entered the ministry and served as a part-time Associate Pastor at Fairview Mennonite Church in Iowa before moving to Oregon in 2009.
Phil married his wife Roberta (Gerig) of Albany, Oregon in 1980 and they have 4 children and 6 grandsons. They lived in Iowa City, Iowa where they farmed until their move to Oregon.
Phil and Roberta have a passion for God and His church. They see Christianity as more than a religion and their desire is that eveyone would develop a growing relationship with God and find delight in His ways. They strive to encourage all people in their daily walk with the Lord.
Brandon has served as Associate Pastor at Fairview Mennonite Church since 2013. He and his wife Cindy live in Albany, OR with their four children. Brandon was born and raised in Ontario, Canada and moved to Cindy’s home town of Albany after they met at Rosedale Bible College. Their desire is to see themselves and others love Jesus, be lead by the Spirit, and be renewed through the Word.
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU WORSHIP WITH US
We are a multi-generational congregation.
Our dress varies from casual to semi-formal attire.
Beginning at 9:45 we have Sunday School classes for children 2 years of age thru adults.
We gather at 10:30 in our main sanctuary for worship in song, followed by the teaching of God’s Word from one of our two pastors.
Children are welcome to be in our worship service; however, if parents choose, there is child care for ages 9 months through 3 years during our 10:30 service.
We are not a perfect group of people, but together we are actively growing in a relationship with God within a loving, caring community of Christ followers.
Due to Coronavirus Mandates church services are currently being held at 10am outside the church between the Multi-Purpose Building and the Church, which is currently different than the above schedule.
Our mission is to fulfill the Great Commandment and Great Commission by loving God and depending on Him, loving one another within the body of Christ, and having compassion and concern for the lost world. We exist to worship and glorify God, to reach the lost, to encourage and equip believers to use their spiritual gifts to further the Kingdom of Jesus Christ.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the full deity of Christ, His virgin birth, His atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to glory, and that He is coming again.
4. We believe that salvation, the forgiveness of our sins, is a free gift from God that is received by faith in the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
5. We believe in the work of the Holy Spirit and His role in helping believers live a life that is pleasing to the Lord and to move toward spiritual maturity.
6. We believe in the resurrection of the saved and the lost: the saved to eternal life and the lost to eternal punishment.
7. We believe the church universal is a spiritual body of all true believers in Christ. We believe there should be unity among the local church body even though a range of diversity exists.
In the above seven essentials, we all have unity. In the non-essentials, we will show charity.